Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Colour Union - Royal Mail Stamp Rugs as seen on Alan Carr Chatty Man!

Im always happy to add new items to the website, but some are just SO special it is only proper I explain the background a little.
Watching Alan Carr one cold evening I was so taken with the wonderful rug (Royal Mail stamp rug) that I immediately started researching the designer.  I discovered that the rugs are handmade in Kathmandu Valley in Nepal.
Zara Siddiqui-Lester is the founder and designer of The Colour Union.
"I want to mix the old fashion tradition of products lovingly hand-made with the 'state of the art' innovation of digital printing. My work is all about contradiction".
The Royal Mail collection is officially licensed by The Royal Mail Limited.
Not only are we proud to offer the now iconic Royal Mail stamp rugs, we also offer other items in this range as well as items from the Urban Chateau and Brit Royaleranges.
With the royal wedding only a few weeks away, why not take a look at this wonderful creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment